Tigger's Kitchen EP5
Valentines Special - Tiramisu
Tigger and Jonny's Valentines Day Special
Philipa has the custard out to show Jonny how to knock up a tantalising tiramisu to impress the ladies on February 14th.
Serves 4. (or one normal sized and one enormous)
1 Madeira sponge cake
1 tub of Mascarpone soft cheese
1 carton of custard* 1 small carton of double cream
Flaked almonds, or grated chocolate – to decorate
Make coffee mixture first:-
Coffee - 4 teaspoons, mixed with a little boiling water, just to cover granules, mix well, and allow it to cool. Once cold add a good glug of Tia Maria, or Amaretto!
1. Trim ‘crust’ off the sponge, and cut sponge into small cubes.
2. Put half into 4 glasses and trickle half the coffee mixture over the 4 sponge bases.
3. Whilst this is soaking, mix half the custard with half the tub of Mascarpone, and beat until smooth, pop half this mixture over the 4 sponge bases.
4. Repeat this process, again, for second layer, cake, coffee, creamy mixture.
5. Either drizzle some cream on the top, or whip, lightly, and pipe on top.
6. Decorate with flaked almonds (Or toast gently under the grill, until golden brown, they taste even better.) or grate some chocolate onto the cream.
The custard, cream and cheese will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days, and I’m sure the family will be asking you to make some more! Or double up the recipe, and make 8, they keep, covered, for a few days in the fridge, but go more ‘mousse’ like in texture.